Thursday, January 25, 2007

Research for Kim

Kim over at Hiraeth has posted her research interest. :) It's all about reading as a Christian Discipline.

Has reading Christian blogs increased your desire to tackle weighty Christian tomes?
- the weighty tomes? No. Has increased my desire to tackle subjects deeper though.

Have you learned of Christian authors and theologians that you might not have otherwise known or read?
- yes I have.

Have you purchased or borrowed books that were recommended by bloggers?
- yes :). Has also made me ask my hubbie, we do have thus and such book?

Have you read fewer "real" books as your blog reading has increased?
- nothing will make me stop reading "real" books. All this has done as added more books to my reading list.

Has the availability/searchability of great Christian works caused you to rely upon them merely as resources?
- I have to admit, I"m not sure how to answer this. Most books can be used as resources. Some books are good just to read. Most are a combination of the two, but not all are. The ones that are too heavy of a read, at the moment I just don't bother since I don't have the time to invest in something that is too heavy right now.

Do you think reading the great Christian authors and theologians is important and/or profitable?
- yes, as long as one realizes that not all great learning has stopped, not has all great writing.

Do you read them?
- not a whole lot. At least not from the past. There is some that I pick up once in the blue moon. I tend to look first at my own reading and what I can understand, and then I go to on-line resources that have the books easily accessible.

If so, who do you recommend?
- Off the top of my head? I like calvin, matthew henry, stott, and so forth

1 comment:

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Thanks for playing, Annette!

I noticed a post in your side bar about BARF diet. I'm off to read it. We've thought about trying it for our old girl, Eve, who has a lot of skin allergies.