Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Boyo Makes His Own Fun

Posted by Picasa
Ah me boyo. :) He makes me laugh.

You know the stories about how children can have more fun with a box than with the toy within? Well, I can totally believe it now.

Scenario. I'm sitting at my computer working on the Christmas Program. Totally involved in what I'm doing. I feel a tug on my shirt, an insistent tug that means "Pay attention to me mommy". So I turn around to see what the big deal is, and here my boy has taken an old pampers box, turned it on it's side and made it into a slide.

Oh boy was that fun. Over and over and over again he slide down, chortling away. Then collie and tiger (his favourite ever-present stuffies) had to watch, and then they had to slide too! OH BOY!!!!

What can I say. It was fun. It showed ingenuity. It showed a child having more fun with a box than I could have imagined. :)


Yesterday we went out and found this years Christmas tree.
Turned out to be a good tree too! Nice shape with just one "hole" in it. It's open which is nice. Makes it easier to put the ornaments in so they hang nicely. I like having a tree with some "depth" to it. Posted by Picasa

I was surprised that the Christmas tree farm had no snow, AT ALL! I had dressed the boy up so that if he played in the snow he wouldn't get all sopping wet and all, so I had ended up over-dressing him a bit. He still had a lot of fun though. Gramma kept a good eye on him.

At one point he had a stick and it seemed like he was measuring up all the small trees to see if they were what he wanted.

After supper he helped me put the candy canes on the tree. And after he went to bed, I decorated it up. Didn't put as much on it this year as other years. Kept it simpler (i.e. safer) for a little boy who I know will be just fascinated by having a tree with lots of "toys" on it. The most dangerously breakable I kept in the box and we can include them next year.

No comments: