Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Did you ever have one of those days?

Did you ever have one of those days that ... even though
1. you managed to decorate the house for Christmas (mostly done) and
2. played music most of the day and
3. did a good job parenting your child .. without getting too frustrated with him for being in the whiney, crying stage of life and
4. didn't get angry with hubbie for anything remotely stupid and selfish (which is sometimes the case and usually I don't tell him because I feel like a stupid selfish person) so he wouldn't have known the difference anyways! :) and
5. ate healthy for the most part and
6. did most everything well, even connected well with God in devotions and
7. even got most of the Christmas program for church done and
8. didn't get mad at the stupid impatient barking old dog in the backyard (at least not that the old dog heard you muttering or even thinking! :)

But at the end of the day...you decided that you really didn't like yourself and that you were a skumbum anyways?

What can I say...i've had a productive day. I should feel good about myself and all that I've done. But all I feel is humdrum and like I'm ick and that none of it matters anyways.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate this.

Enough whining now. Getting on with life.

1 comment:

Overwhelmed! said...

Yes, I've had those days. And in those situations, I put on my favorite jammies and hop into bed with a good book. :)

Thanks for your comment on my Adoption #2- We’ve Got a Lead! post. I do appreciate your prayers!