Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Meme

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate, though apple cider is nice too....

2. Coloured lights or white?
Coloured lights in the house, white outside.

3. Do you hang mistletoe?
what on earth for? My hubbie and I can smooch any old time. :)

4. When do you put decorations up?
Quite frankly...whenever I get around to it. Usually whenever I get a tree...sometimes early, sometimes late.

5. What is your favourite Holiday dish?
Not sure I have a favourite. I like some type of meat dish, some veggies, some carbs, some basic junk food. It's all good.

6. Favourite Holiday memory as a child?
We always did Christmas on a day other than Christmas day. It's a memory that I treasure. Keeping the gift-giving so distinctly separate from "Christmas Day". I also treasure the keeping Christ in Christmas....we always read the bible story, and sang carols and so forth. Whas it the best memory? Lighting candles...having my very own one! :)

7. When did you learn the truth about Santa?
Didn't need to learn the truth. always knew it. Funny old man, dressed up in a funny old suit. That's all "santa" ever was.

8. How do you decorate your tree?
With my hands? :) With the various decorations my hubbie and I have collected over the years. No themes, just a hodge-podge.

9. Snow! Love it or dread it?
LOVE IT!

10. When do you open your gifts?
Immediate family - christmas eve. My birth family - whenever we can most all get together.

11. Can you ice-skate?
yes, I do. Well? NOT!

12. Do you remember your favourite gift?
Canadian Kennel Club book of dogs.

13. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Christ, and the glory of his eventual return. Though it may be hard in some ways, the hope of the glory of his return is the best part.

14. What is your favourite holiday dessert?
Not sure, I know it's not almond rings, I like peppernut cookies!

15. What is your favourite holiday tradition?
Not sure. Have several.
1. Buy a poinsettia, keep it for a week, and then give it to someone else.
2. buy tickets for the christmas tree raffle from Maycourt ladies
3. do advent stuff
4. get a live tree

16. What tops your tree?
a star

17. WHich do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Giving, especially when I get it right!

18. What is your favourite Christmas song?
Angels we have heard on high and God rest ye merry gentlemen.

19. Candy Canes : yum or yuck?
Yum!

20. What Christmas gift do you hope to find this year?
Oh...not sure. Scrapbooking stuff. New hankies. Something that makes my heart smile. OH>>> and an amaryllis from my mom! :)

No comments: