Friday, December 15, 2006

Why are they so surprised?

I find it amazing, how often women are surprised that men think differently than they do.

I have at least two women in my life who have a negative opinion of men. I don't understand it. Well, okay, I can if a person has had numerous bad experiences with men. Particularly if it has been with a variety of men. Then I can understand the caution regarding men. But to just dislike men, because they are men, and they think differently than we as women do? That I don't understand. Perhaps its from growing up with a decent father and three brothers. I grew up knowing and understanding that men are decidedly different than women.

I've had various women say... why does _____ do _____? What does it mean when _____ does _______?

My general response is...it's a guy thing. Guys often show they care about someone when they do __________. Or guys think differently than women, you can't expect them to like all the things you like. Men are different. And these looks of amazement and shock. And it just stuns me, why are women so shocked that men are different than they are?

Do you suppose this is why there are so many pressures put on men to act like women? Do you think that because women don't 'get' the differences that they just want men to change? Perhaps this lack of understanding is part of why the feminist movement got so big, and why it has such large raminfications nowadays. I don't know.

I still think it's funny that they have to do studies to prove it though. Check out this link. I did find it interesting though, how this study showed that women gain something by being talkers. That is stimulates something in our brains. :) See...I knew talking was good for me! :) Good thing I like to yap then isn't it? :)

But the bible tells us too that men and women are made differently. Yes, we are both made in the image of God, but how we act reflects differently. Men are to show the glory of God in all they do. Women, show the glory of men in what they do. By doing so, both show the glory of God. Our focuses are the same, but different. Men were created first, women were created to be a helpmeet to man.

Anyways, I just find the whole thing fascinating.

No comments: