Saturday, December 23, 2006

Blogs I've Appreciated this week

Blog posts that I have appreciated or otherwise thought memorable this week.

A new blogger is Connie. It appears that on Monday's she'll be doing what she calls Theology 101. In this post she starts off with a list of some of the attributes of God.

I just started reading Even So about.. oh... two months back now. I tend to appreciate what he writes, and he tends to have good comments on other people's blogs to, which tells me a bit about his state of mind. Anyways, this post made me think about some stuff that I've been pondering in my head. It's just so easy to not really think about what a person is doing. To get caught up in the sin of "but this isn't what I wanted". And if you don't check that attitude at the door, it can get so pervasive into a person's life. So check him out.

Holly over at Seeking Faithfulness, opened my eyes to the lies that people tell themselves in order to avoid having to face the reality of Christ. wow... like I knew that people could be stupid/foolish in how they avoid God's truth, but this did surprise me.

I can't say that I read Michael Haykin's blog frequently. I usually check it out once a week or so, sometimes less. What can I say, he often writes history lessons, and I'm not always either in the mood, or have the time. But I do like when he writes about Eminent christian people of history like when he wrote this one. I learn things then, about real people, that somehow connects with me. Anyways, give him a read if you have the time.

And then there's Paul over at Kerux Noemata (no, I don't know what that means either). He wrote this post which I thought was interesting. I am looking forward to his next post on the subject of Jesus and the manger and what it all means. And here is part two. Oh, and part three is here.

Scott is a man that I respect. A solidly conservative biblical man that I wouldn't mind meeting and listening to him and my hubbie chat. :) He's at Ars Theologica and wrote this post on the importance of daily bible reading.

There are a few good posts to be found among the Christian Carnival folks. Lux Venit did it for this week. Read with discernment because folks posting here are from all over the Christian spectrum.

and last but not least. Doxoblogy has posted some stuff this week you might want to check out. He posted a sermon by Martin Luther here.

4 comments:

Even So... said...

Thank you for the link, the kind words, and for reading my blog...God bless you...

P.S. How are you able to get so many links...is it the blogroll stuff? I love how you have that one that doesn't take up all your side space, really neat...

Annette said...

Hi even so.. AH!!!! You stopped by my site. :) Sorry..... I always feel odd/nervous when people I respect stop by my site. I know I shouldn't but I do anyways.

Anyways, the space saver thingeys...I got those from the blogroll folks. I have NO idea how they do it, but I think it's way cool myself. I think they figure out how to do it, and then in their code they link me to their page where it just condenses like that. I do know that by fiddling with the numbers you can change how big it displays. They were originally larger, but I played with it and that's how they are here.

Connie said...

Greetings!

Thanks for linking my blog--and introducing me to your blog! I'm really enjoying thinking through and preparing posts for the Monday series on theology.

BTW, I'll probably be taking these next two Mondays off for Christmas and New Year, but plan to get back on track soon! Merry Christmas!

Paul said...

Hi Annette!
Thanks for the link. kerux noemata - it means "thoughts of the preacher." Not to worry - nobody knows what it means!
You have a very nice blog here! It was great to poke around a little... one of the joys of some extra time over the holidays!
Blessings!
Paul Martin (a.k.a. kerux)