Thursday, May 31, 2007

I offended my dog.....

Yes, I did.

I totally offended her.

Instead of spending 45$ to get her professionally groomed I decided I could do this myself. (boy the confidence of the unproven).

First I bought some clippers for about $50.
Then I warned her. :) yeah..like that tells her anything. :)
Then I gave her a good brush out and CUT out the worst of her tangles and brushed her some more, all the time warning her that this wasn't the end of it. :)
Then I gave her a bath. AND made her stay clean. (she wanted to roll in the dirt, and hide under the canoe) She was offended.
Then I walked her so she could get good and dry. By then the urge to roll subsided and the heat dissipated a bit so no more canoe hiding.
Then I started to clip her.

NOTE: I have NEVER clipped a dog before in my life.

NOTE: it didn't take Sassy long to figure this out.

After hitting snag number three Sassy bailed on me permanently. She left the main floor of the house, she HID in the basement. I found her, and said, okay lass, here's a cookie, you are a good girl. We're all done. She forgave me... but not the clippers. Evil eye they got! We called it quits for the night.

IN the morning, I'd had time to rethink my approach. I scissored the nasty areas.
THEN I clipped very slowly and from different angles.

She's shorter (in the hair).
She's trimmer (not neatly though).

I made some errors, which hopefully I won't repeat next time. :)

AND we survived.

My neighbours (Bob and Audrey) both said you can tell she's been clipped, doesn't look too bad! :) Aren't they gracious folks? :)

I should take a picture... but it's late at night and I'm not convinced this girlie will pose for me at this hour. and the lights not good now anyways. :)

3 comments:

jen said...

LOL! I want pictures!! :P

Annette said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've seen the evil eye, too.

Toenail clippers in my house. Thankfully, Vizslas don't take a whole lot of grooming. . .