Tuesday, November 07, 2006

We came home from T.O.

Since our boyo seemed to be on the mend, we headed out late Monday to start our vacation in Toronto. Grandma stayed with our boyo.

Then...I got sick. Starting at 700 p.m. I thought perhaps it was an over-indulgence in some white buns that hubbie had brought for me... but turned out NOT! Having things coming out rapidly from both ends is NOT appealing.

Hubbie got sick....starting at 200 a.m.

Figured..ah well, we'll spend a quiet day just lounging around the house since apparently the boy is doing well. Called this morning, boyo is NOT doing well. He is fussy and has bad diarrhea.

I called the doc to see what to do. Clear fluids, jello, popsicles, flat gingerale were okayed. VERY reduced fruit drinks. Give it 24 hours before feeding anything else. So no milk, no food, no formula at all. Give the bowel time to rest I was told.

We packed up and came home. This mamma just couldn't stand being away from her boyo when he's not well. Boyo was VERY happy that mamma came home.

Daddy's is running a fever. Mommy feels like her legs have been kicked out from under her. So blessed to have a MIL who will stick the course with us. Praying that she won't catch this at all.

This mommy trying hard NOT to worry and to just trust that God will see my boyo through this. Trust! Pray!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. :(

Is he still throwing up, or is that done?

Yes, fruit juice just isn't ANY good once diarrhea hits.

You all take care! Goodness! I'm glad your MIL if there, too.

Annette said...

The throwing up is done! yeah God!

I"m feeling better this morning, just still a bit tired.

Hubbie got up EARLY (very unusual for him, so I'm hoping he's okay now, but probably isn't if he got up so early, especially with such a heavy sigh when he arose.)

I'll know more about the boyo when he gets up, it's still early for him. I got up to do devos and to walk the doggies.