Sunday, November 19, 2006

New Recipe

I like to cook.

And with the recipe planner from Formulazone, I like to try new recipes that I design.

Tonight I made a simple dish that I call Chicken, Potato and Squash. What can I say, I'm not good at coming up with fancy names for simple dishes. :)

First take two large potatoes (red skinned ones are better for you). and slice them up in small slices (like for french fries but MUCH smaller). Cook them in water in sauce pan until almost done.
Take 12 oz of chicken (basically 1.5 large chicken breasts). Cut that up into small pieces (a bit less than bite size). Season it however you want. I did seasoning salt as it's easy and today is Sunday.
Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in pan, add chicken AND one finely sliced up leek. Cook until done.
When done, add the potatoes and cook until completely done.
In the meantime, dice up 3 cups of squash (for this recipe I used butternut) and set on to cook. When it is done, add 3 tbsp of maple syrup and mash it up nicely. I whipped mine up as I was also giving it to our son. (he LOVES squash apparently, at least today he does) :)

Serve up! You end up with a serving size of about 1.75 cups of food (dish divided into 3). My hubbie liked it and he wasn't even hungry! The boy liked it, well, not the chicken but he's not into meat today (at 16 months he's odd in his eating habits). and I liked it and I'm not really into squash at all...but this was good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this! I've become enthusiastic about cooking again and always look for new recipes.

Thanks for visiting me at Windows and wanting to link--that would be great.

God bless you!
V.