Sunday, November 05, 2006

Life Stinks When a Little Boy is Sick

Life really stinks when a little boy is sick, and shocky and scared because he's never had a tummy ache before and has NEVER thrown up before.

He was so scared and sick last night. My poor little boy.

And then....he got sick on his favourite Collie dog and col-col had to be washed. For the next hour...col-col, col-col, toss his cookies, cry, and then col-col, col-col. It about broke me heart listening to that plaintive cry.

BUT the absolute delight in holding a clean (but wet) col-col again. Ah...That I loved. :) He just loves that col-col of his.

This morning he has a fever which I"m treating with Advil, and extended crib time (to encourage him to sleep it off). I'm hoping he gets better soon. We're planning holidays next week, but if he's still not well...I ain't leaving him behind...and not taking him with so... time will tell right?

Have to wait and see what God has in store for us this coming week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annette,

I would have e-mailed you but couldn't find your e-mail addy anywhere.

So, I'm just wondering how the little guy is doing? Is he able to keep anything down? How is his fever? How much does he weigh? (I think he's around 14 months old?)If he's drinking, what is he drinking?

I usually have mine wait until they haven't thrown up for an hour, and then I will let them have a Tablespoon of liquid. One of the best things I've found is thick peach juice...like from a can. Drain the fruit away and save the juice. It coats the lining of the stomach, and isn't too easy to come up.

Poor baby, and poor mama. :( I'm so sorry Annette. It is so hard to do this when your husband is away!

I dislike so much what you have described...when they are so scared and don't know what is happening to them. So sweet about his little col-col.

Annette said...

Hi Holly

How is Justin doing?

Well, the advil is controlling his fever. he is VERY subdued. He is not eating...other than 2 tbsp of cereal(pablum) for breakfast and 5 cheerios. Oh..he also had 2 cheerios just a wee bit ago.

I've gotten him to drink one bottle of formula and 3/4 bottle of tang. He won't take his sippy cup today but that's okay... i just want him to drink. Hubbie is picking up some pedialyte on the way home.

He ruined my kitchen rug and I just got it too! I"m really hoping it can be redeemed as I really, really like it and took a LONG time for it come on sale! My hubbie's mom is a FANTASTIC housecleaner and i"m hoping she'll know how to redeem it.

He's 16 months old now. And once again distraught with col-col being in the wash. how could mommy be so mean to his poor col-col.

I can't interest him in any other fluids. Tang is brand new to him though which is why he is drinking it I think. The formula went down simply because he was hungry and it was the normal "after breakfast" bottle (first tried in sippy cup so I could tease him into drinking the bottle). I'm hoping the pedialyte will be a "new" thing for him and encourage him to drink.

He hasn't voided since yesterday afternoon, but I figure that is because he has been vomiting so much. If he is still bad with vomiting tomorrow I'll probably call the doc to see if I should bring him in.

How does one find an email address anyways? I couldn't find yours either. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh...I am so sorry. The outside comment box only reflects one comment. I kept checking in but didn't see that you had responded.

Yes. Not peeing in 24 hours is not enough. Get drops of liquid in him however you can. I will hold the little one down, even if they struggle...just enough to get a drop or two every so often in there. I'm going to e-mail you my phone number in case you need to call.

Anonymous said...

Ow, the poor Little Mite! It can be so distressing for both the parents and the child. I really hope he feels better soon!

Thanks for dropping by at mine btw. Much appreciated!