Sunday, November 12, 2006

Our day today

So my hubbie is still sick. He was up most of the night visiting our local bathroom. He is NOT a happy man.

Our boy on the other hand is HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY! :) Good to have a happy boy in the house again. He's eating well, sleeping well, and doing well and NEEDED to get out of the house this morning.

SO>>> off we went to church. We attended this church this morning. A friend is the pastor there.

It was Friendship Sunday. This is a Sunday where people who are involved with Friendship Groups have a special service that they participate in. I have to admit, I enjoyed the enthusiasm of these special needs adults in singing the songs and presenting a story for the children. It was fun.

Our boy was just fascinated by all the people and ALL THE KIDS!!!! Wow... they have lots of children at this church. :) This wee boyo kept looking and pointing and talking to his mommy about all the people. Twisting and turning. I"m glad we got there a bit early. I had LOTS of people tell me they had a nursery, but they didn't seem against me keeping him in for as long as I could either which was cool. FULL CHURCH! Just packed, they had to set up extra seats. When our boy started to get antsy before the sermon, I asked him to let me know when he wanted out to go play with toys. Didn't expect him to do that, BUT>>> he did! :) So that was nice too.

So Harry had a good sermon. He preached on Mark 12:35-40. Sermon entitled "Finding yourself by finding the Christ". He did a good job of presenting the message so that everyone there could understand it. It was really cool to see that. It was funny hearing comments from the audience when he made different points, you could tell that people were listening.

We got home, our boy had a light lunch and then off to bed for a nap. Busy morning going to a new church. And daddy had a good chance to rest too so that was nice for daddy.

My goal for the afternoon is simple. I am scrapbooking. It's nice and relaxing and needs to be done too! :) When the boyo gets up we'll have a snack and then take the dogs for a nice walk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We caught your flu! :)

I hope your dh feels better soon!

Annette said...

oh holly, i am so sorry to hear that. my prayers are with you.