Friday, November 24, 2006

Things to be Thankful for

Rebecca is keeping track of different things that people are thankful for.

Since our household has been ill with things for a while now and now isn't! Woohoo! I am thankful for health. For little boys who are well enough to get into all types of trouble while they explore their way thru the day. :)

I'm thankful that my sister who I haven't seen in a dogs age, has a hubbie who said... go visit your family and paid the ticket for her flight here. And I got to see her yesterday AND introduce her to my son. :)

I'm thankful for a hubbie, who even while he was ill, kept trying to do the stuff he really needed to get done.

So, that I guess I what I am thankful for on this wonderful sunny day. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annette.

Sorry I've not been around much! Beyond other things...my dial up is so slow that it just takes forever to load web sites. Drives me crazy! :)

You've been doing a lot of great writing lately!

I'm glad your son is finally feeling better. Wow. That was a really long virus, wasn't it?

Regarding blogging (that was the topic a few posts back...) some times I'm not sure why I blog! Mostly, because I want to encourage others who are discouraged, or those who are not quite as far down the wife/mothering journey as I am - sometimes, just because I love making friends, want to share what is going on in my life...but then sometimes (like now) I completely burn out and realize there is so much going on in life that I need to take care of. I need to get up earlier...but don't see that happening. :)

On your post regarding things in your denomination...the women's conference, etc. Blech. THAT is disheartening! I know what you are saying, though. Instead of the church setting the standard according to God's word, we are setting the standard (of what we will teach about, etc) by what people want to hear. I can't bear that. I truly couldn't bear being a part of that!

I never attend women's conferences. Maybe this is why!

Annette said...

Hi holly

thanks for stopping by. :)

yes, i've had lots of thoughts on my brain lately...i'm glad blogger let's me write them out. even gladder that some stop by and comment on them. :)

my hubbie is wondering if he needs to talk with the women's group rep to say he doesn't think it's a good idea to go, but since the chances are REALLY small that anyone would... he's tempted to just stay out of it. Less hassle that way.

anyways, he's home so I should get going again.