Friday, January 11, 2008

Attitude of Church Leadership

Today I get to start the second chapter of 1 Thessalonians. :)

When I read over this chapter what struck me was the attitude of these church leaders.
  • we had boldness in our God to declare to you the gospel of God in the midst of much conflict.
  • so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.
  • But we were gentle among you, like a nursing mother taking care of her own children
  • we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you
  • we exhorted each one of you and encouraged you and charged you
  • we also thank God constantly
  • For you are our glory and joy
They speak like a leadership that truly loves and desires the best for the people that they serve.

I have to admit, it seems so pastor oriented that I wonder what it really means to me. It's so easy to just say...well this is how my pastor should be. (though I have to be careful with that because my pastor is also my hubbie!) :) And I know how hard he does work, but I read this list and it seems so much more.

Definitely calls me though to seeing more of what my HEART attitude should be.
To please God not man.
To put God first, and treat my fellow believers, other humans with gentleness and boldness.

Paul's heart toward the Thessalonican people was that of love. This should also be my heart attitude....love.

No comments: