Monday, October 29, 2007

What am I doing?

These two verses made me stop and ponder today.
For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, 7for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
They come from 2 Timothy 1. Paul is writing a letter of encouragement and instruction to Timothy.

Anyways, I read this verse and my first thought was... Am I doing all I can to fan into flame the gift that God has placed inside me? Am I doing that?

Sometimes it is just so easy to get on with the daily living of life. To not pay attention to what we are doing with what God has given.

So I have gifts for teaching, for compassion, and so forth. What am I doing with them?

If I'm doing anything with them... why?
Am I afraid of something?
I need to remember that God gives me gifts for a reason. And I need to use them with power and love and self-control. This is my duty and should be my longing.

If I am not using or exercising my gifts, or trying to fan them into flame, and I showing that I am ashamed of my Lord and Saviour?

I'm still pondering.....

No comments: