Monday, October 08, 2007

Devotions and Miscellany

Oh.... I am so tired and sore today.... makes it hard to concentrate on God's word this morning. Trying not to complain though, after-all, God has given me good overall health, a faith in him, a good family to care for and that cares for me, and more blessings than I can even say. So no complaints...just praise to him!
I can indeed join with David when he says in Psalm 92
1 It is good to give thanks to the LORD,
to sing praises to your name, O Most High;
2to declare your steadfast love in the morning,
and your faithfulness by night,
3to the music of the lute and the harp,
to the melody of the lyre.
4For you, O LORD, have made me glad by your work;
at the works of your hands I sing for joy.
How was YOUR Canadian Thanksgiving weekend? Did you spend time with family and friends? Were you able to :
14Do all things without grumbling or questioning, 15that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain. (Phil 2)
My Uncle Dick is still in hospital. He is very weak so they are unable to do surgery on him to correct his bleeds in the brain. Not doing so well. He is a man of God so that is a thing to praise God for. He is unlike Solomon who loved other things more than God. I think, since I don't know all of Uncle Dick's heart, that God will not be so very displeased with Uncle Dick.
1NowKing Solomon loved many foreign women, along with the daughter of Pharaoh: Moabite, Ammonite, Edomite, Sidonian, and Hittite women, 2from the nations concerning which the LORD had said to the people of Israel,"You shall not enter into marriage with them, neither shall they with you, for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods." Solomon clung to these in love. (I Kings 11)
Today will be quiet day just mostly kicking around the house. Jim's mom stayed overnight (I hope she slept well). We'll have a nice breakfast of sausage and cinnamon rolls. Have some play time, perhaps a nice walk at the Provincial Park, and then home for Justin to nap and Gramma to head home herself.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

No comments: