Friday, October 26, 2007

More from Psalms 119

these verses made me think:
Waw
41Let your steadfast love come to me, O LORD,
your salvation according to your promise;
42then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me,
for I trust in your word.
43And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth,
for my hope is in your rules.
44I will keep your law continually,
forever and ever,
45and I shall walk in a wide place,
for I have sought your precepts.
46I will also speak of your testimonies before kings
and shall not be put to shame,
47for I find my delight in your commandments,
which I love.
48I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love,
and I will meditate on your statutes.

I especially had to pause at verse 45 where it says "and I shall walk in a wide place."

Made me think about how believing in God, especially if I follow his will in my life, makes things so much easier. It's the difference between walking on a narrow path, and walking in wide places. Following God .... like really finding delight in doing what he commands, makes things easier. Perhaps not always right away, but with practice and discernment, it really is easier.

Hmmm.... good to think. :)

No comments: