Saturday, June 23, 2007

Our Anniversary

So yesterday was Jim and I's 5th anniversary. We got married June 22, 2002.

It was an interesting day. I got up and walked the dogs and was taking care of our outside critters when Jim got up and wished me a happy anniversary before I wished him one. Surprised me that! he's not always so good at keeping track of dates (my job I guess) :)

Anyways, Justin was in a sleepy, whiney mood so we had a quiet relaxed breakfast sitting on the couch eating cereal (yes I know, not the healthiest, but it worked for us).

Then Jim was back off to work on the funeral prep. While Justin and I kept busy in the house. Justin once again thought that helping mommy wash the plastics was the best thing in the world to do. So Mommy had the opportunity to wash the floor AGAIN! Ah well.. The boy had fun, had a chance to "keen, ceen" (clean, clean in case you don't understand toddler), and learned a bit of work ethic too! :)

Eva (Jim's mom) came up at 100 p.m. so she could watch Justin while Jim and I attended the funeral. It was such a sad funeral, for two reasons. First that in the remembrances of this young man, there was no mention of his love for God. Just his love for wrestling and food and family. He was raised in the faith, but no mention of it in his life. The Second reason is that he was still such a young man. Just a young fellow, just starting to think about what to do with his life. Very sad. Please, pray for his folks and siblings, his younger sister really struggles with all of this. After the luncheon Jim and I headed off for a night out.

We, after browsing around town, ended up at the Mandarin, after rejecting Montana's. Mandarin is a Chinese-English buffet. Nice place to eat. And we discovered to my delight that it was also crab night! YEAH!!! all you can eat crab!!!!! :) We had good food and good conversation. A nice way to celebrate five years of marriage. :)

Today Jim is off to a Classis meeting so Justin and I are just relaxing at home. We did run out for a bit this morning to do some garage-saling, not many in town and most of them just "junk" sales, but Justin did find a "winnie the pooh" themed toy that he was just taken with. The lady gave us a good deal so it came home with us. Got our weekend supply of milk and then home to play in the backyard.

Anyways, sounds like the boy child is sleeping so I'm going to cut the lawn! Don't need church folks thinking I'm lax in the my lawn-cutting duties! :)

3 comments:

jen said...

Happy anniversary!!! Sounds like you had a nice time! Sorry I didn't get here sooner, but between work and coffee spills (LOL) things are still hectic...

Love you guys! :)

Annette said...

Thanks Jen. We did. And oh...i've been there with spilled fluids and a cat... just makes you want to .. uh well.. NOT hug 'em. :)

Baxter said...

Awwwww, Happy Anniversary! You are still newlyweds!

I know what you mean about funerals like that. They are sad.

Thanks for sharing your day with us!