Monday, June 11, 2007

How God Sees Us

I was reading in Isaiah 43 this morning and was just blown away by these words:
1But now thus says the LORD,
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
2When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
3For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
......
4Because you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you,
I give men in return for you,
peoples in exchange for your life.
5Fear not, for I am with you;
I will bring your offspring from the east,
and from the west I will gather you.
6I will say to the north, Give up,
and to the south, Do not withhold;
bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the end of the earth,
7everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made."
God calls us by name. Can you imagine it? God, who created millions of people, who sustains life on earth, who surpasses anything that I can dream of.. he knows MY name. He knows me. He calls me his own. He created me for his glory. He is the one who gives me reason NOT to fear that which is around me. He knows me! :)

Just blew my socks off this morning to be reminded of this.

No comments: