Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Seek the Lord Continually

Reading today Psalm 105. Have you ever stopped to think about these opening lines of this psalm?

1Oh give thanks to the LORD; call upon his name;
make known his deeds among the peoples!
2Sing to him, sing praises to him;
tell of all his wondrous works!
3Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice!
4Seek the LORD and his strength;
seek his presence continually!
5Remember the wondrous works that he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he uttered,
6O offspring of Abraham, his servant,
children of Jacob, his chosen ones!
7He is the LORD our God;
his judgments are in all the earth.

Give thanks I am told.
To whom? The Lord God himself.
I am to call upon his name, and let people know what he has done.

Man...that's a call to action and language. I fail at this so often. I fail to give God the praise that he is due, and then I fail to let people know what God has done in my life, and in the lives of others. Makes me think I need to change how I do things, especially how I phrase things. Give GOD the credit!

I am told, GLORY in his name.
Hmm...that sentiment makes me smile. Makes me think of all the times God just fills me with a sense of awe about him. it's more than a feeling, it's a knowing that God is everything that I need or would ever want. He does indeed make my heart rejoice.

Then I am told SEEK the Lord. Seek his strength.
That's active! That takes effort on my part. It's not wallowing in my sin. It's saying God, I need you. God I want to know you. God I need your strength to get me through _________. it's something I need to do all the time.

I need to remember what God has done in the past. The works, the miracles and his judgments. He is MY God. And I am one of his chosen ones.
Just think, God who knows all, who is all, who made all... he chose me to be his own.
He wants me to remember that and all the other things that he has done.

he wants that for you as well you know. He wants for you to be his own. For you to be able to glory in him. For you to know all that he has done and will do for you

Turn to him today. Just do it. You won't regret...I promise you. :)



No comments: