Tuesday, October 07, 2008

True Woman Conference

Tomorrow I am leaving my house to go to the True Woman Conference in Chicago.

I am very much looking forward to this. Leaving Wednesday at lunch, coming back late Saturday night. Jim will care for the household (Dog and bunnies). His mom will provide support with Justin.

from the website:

How it All Began

In 1997, the Lord began to impress on Nancy Leigh DeMoss' heart the need for a widespread movement of revival and reformation in the hearts of Christian women. Out of this burden, Revive Our Hearts was born.

Now is the Time

Nine years later, in 2006, Nancy and the Revive Our Hearts' team agreed that now was the time to begin to plan the first-ever True Woman conference, in order to help women...

  • Discover and embrace God's created design and mission for their lives
  • Reflect the beauty and heart of Christ to their world
  • Intentionally pass on the baton of Truth to the next generation
  • Pray earnestly for an outpouring of God's Spirit in their families, churches, nation, and world

Several other ministries believed so strongly in the mission of this conference that they partnered with Revive Our Hearts, including Moody Publishing, Moody Radio, Moody Bible Institute, FamilyLife, Moms In Touch International, The Council for Biblical Manhood & Womanhood, and more.

True Woman '08: The Movement Begins

On October 9-11, 2008, over 6,200 women will gather in Chicago, Illinois, for Revive Our Hearts' first-ever national women's conference. This conference will launch the True Woman Movement with the unveiling and signing of the True Woman Manifesto on Saturday, October 11.

I'll be staying at a friends house in Burbank. It will mean a 45 minute drive both ways which I'm not looking forward to. BUT it will be free. :) It will be fun to see Evy a bit (not much, but at least a bit). And is only 15 minutes longer to drive than the campsite I was planning to stay at.

I've gotten almost everything done that I wanted to before I leave. The only thing I haven't finished and won't is making dog food for Sassy. AND I'm half-way finished the rabbit stand. YEAH!! hopefully will get that done today. Jim might need to help a wee bit!

1 comment:

Rileysowner said...

Yes, I will not have my wife with me for several days. Oh how will I cope? :) I can say I am not looking forward to caring for all the baby bunnies. On the other hand, my hope is that Annette will be challenged to grow by this conference. I just looked at the schedule and noticed the opening speaker is John Piper. Lucky Annette, not that I believe in luck.