Monday, October 06, 2008

Jesus better than Moses

Okay... I'm TIRED today. Justin thought that 3 a.m. was a good awake time. I disagreed, but he didn't seem to much care about that! :) Mom! my blanket isn't flat. Mom! I have to go pee! Mom! I have to sleep with you. (giggle giggle ever so softly when I did let him 'sleep' with me. I finally got up at 630 for another Mom! I have to go pee! and said...enough of this...I'm getting up. "I'm coming too!" I installed him on the sofa and said STAY THERE. BE QUIET! He did fairly well, wanted to get off at one point and I said no... So he fell asleep on the couch at 732 in the midst of saying...it light out mom? YEAH he fell asleep again!!! I wish I could go to bed but have much too much to get done yet. So anyways, bear with me, I'm sleepy headed.

In Hebrews one and two we had it explained to us that Jesus is better than the angels. Now we come to Hebrews 3 where we'll learn that Jesus is better than Moses.
1Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession, 2who was faithful to him who appointed him, just as Moses also was faithful in all God’s house. 3For Jesus has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses—as much more glory as the builder of a house has more honor than the house itself. 4(For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.) 5 Now Moses was faithful in all God’s house as a servant, to testify to the things that were to be spoken later, 6but Christ is faithful over God’s house as a son. And we are his house if indeed we hold fast our confidence and our boasting in our hope.
We need to consider Jesus. He is "the apostle and high priest of our confession". He was faithful to God who appointed him just as Moses was faithful to God.
BUT Jesus has been considered to be worthy of more glory than Moses. Because Moses was faithful as a servant, Jesus is faithful as a son. Therefore he is more worthy of glory.

Moses as a servant was faithful, he would be a witness to things spoken about later.
Jesus is faithful over God's house.....God's house consisting to those people who hold fast to God. In our hope of him and our salvation. Of this we can have confidence and boast in.

That's all I got today folks. :) Comments today on things that I may have missed due to tiredness would be much appreciated. :)

No comments: