Saturday, March 11, 2006

I like what this guy said.....

I was over at doxoblogy and I found this piece that he had written on being Reformed. I'm just going to excerpt part of it, you can go there yourself to read the rest.

So what does it mean to be Reformed? Well my answer is going to be very simple. Being Reformed is being convinced of a Biblical set of truths. These truths are Justification by Faith Alone, Salvation by Grace Alone, the Sufficient Sacrifice of Christ Alone, the Final Authority of Scripture Alone, and a God who Alone deserves and receives all glory in, from, by, and through His creation.

Sola fide-We are declared righteous by our Holy God upon our act of Biblical Faith.
Sola Gratia-Even our Faith is a gift from God who owes us nothing.
Souls Christus-Christ alone merits our salvation for us through His perfect life and sufficient death, burial, and resurrection.
Sola Scriptura-The scriptures are the divinely inspired, inerrant words of God.
Soli Deo Gloria-God alone gets the glory for our salvation because it is He alone who has foreknown, elected, predestined, created, redeemed, called by the Gospel, regenerated, given faith, is keeping, and will one day glorify us.


I thought it summed up things rather well. Sometimes I have a hard time putting into words what makes me different as a believer than say my mennonite believer friends. I do know that I've gotten into some interesting conversations with them in the past. I just liked this post because it made it more clear to me, so this way, if I get into "interesting conversations" again, hopefully I'll be clearer at explaining the importance of believing ALL of God's word, and how everything in my life is dependent upon God...even my faith in him.

Help comes from many places...even men with beady eyes! :)

No comments: