Friday, March 03, 2006

A First for me!

So Jim went out the other day and picked up a battery for my car. He didn't install it due to not feeling well, a ton of snow sitting on my car and being otherwise busy. He told me it was easy to do.

So this morning, after walking the dogs and discovering that Justin was still sleeping, I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Asked Jim what the first step was and checked in with him occasionally BUT>>>>> (drumroll please).... I CHANGED MY OWN CAR'S BATTERY!!!! Jamie runs again!

WooHoo!!! Wow...I felt so competent by the time I was done. :) I couldn't get the plastic casing around it again, but I did make sure that the plate thingey across the top was as tight as I could get it, (and then Jim double-checked it), but it's in, the car works again! YEAH!!!! :) I even took her out for a test drive, and other than the shift being a bit sluggish...which I think is because of the cold weather and not being driven for a couple of weeks, everything worked great!

Justin has been sleeping lots today. He amazed me when he slept through company. He is usually up and hollering HEY!!!! You're doing something!!! I'm sure it's fun!!! I want to play too!!! (that is of course putting my language abilities into his crying abilities). :) He slept through...I was pleased and he was MUCH happier when he finally did get up. He's starting to act more like himself which is rather cool to see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annettii. Glad to hear that Justin is feeling better and that you're able to get some sleep! It's so fun to hear how God has blessed you my friend. Greetings to your "boys".
Evy

Annette said...

ha!

A friend wrote me in my blog! Cool!

Hi back Evy! :)
totally made my day.