Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Stumbling Into Grace - a book review


Stumbling into Grace: confessions of a Sometimes Spiritually Clumsy Woman is a really good book. I thoroughly enjoyed readying. I read it as a devotional but could easily see it being used in a women's bible study. Real life examples, scripture, good examples of what it means, and questions to ask yourself at the end. Chapters are easily readable.

Lisa Harper will make you laugh, she'll make you think. This book is written in a conversational style so you don't feel like you are being lectured. You feel like you are just learning. Personal stories draw you in, scripture is shared, and learning occurs. Just what you want from a devotional. :)
http://www2.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
Could the materials be more indepth? probably...but that's not the point of this book. The point is to make you think about how scriptures relate to your life. How you can better live for the God you serve. This is a book written by a woman, for women...though men could learn from it to. The intended audience is women.

Heartily recommend you read it yourself.

You can pick it up for yourself here.



I review for BookSneeze®

as per booksneeze policy I put my review up on a commercial site.

For more reviews go here.

Just so you know, I received a copy of this book for free from Booksneeze.com so I could read it and review it. Cost me nothing. Did not influence my review.

No comments: