Monday, June 26, 2006

My week

Have you ever had a week that was really good and couldn't quite put your finger on why it was so good?  This past week was like that for me.

My hubbie struggled with the heat so ended up setting up the trailer so the cool night air would help him sleep.   yes, I know.... might seem odd to some folks...but it kept headaches and icky feelings away (for him) which makes life easier all around.

Justin and I did the pool thing frequently.   He now makes a beeline for his swimming pool when we are out in the backyard.   I can put him down anywhere and if he sees his pool...off he crawls to get to it.   Nice to see him having fun NOT nice having to haul him out wet clothes and all!    It is SO fun to watch him though.  He has such a hoot.  Sometimes he laughs so much our younger dog gets a bit jealous and sneaks in for some loving from me...which makes Justin hoot all the more!  (the dog is close!  the dog is close!  ah ah ah!!!)

I had my last Sunday School class yesterday (for this year).  We are trying to figure what to do for next year.  The one girl is so ready to move up, the other isn't.   Hard to know what to do.  They really don't want to be in a class all on their own either so....what to do?  Ah, their mom and I and Jim will figure it out.  It was nice to be done, and we had a good class too!

We all went for a bike ride for the first time yesterday.   it worked well!   We passed some horses and Justin got all excited.    I was reminded of why I like my bike so much.   :)   Cost enough...I should like it.  I"m hoping next year that we can afford to get the shifting system revamped.   Somehow it got messed up so shifting is an issue, but for just riding around town shifting is just not an issue...I love the smooth action and gliding of my bike.   :)  On our ride we stopped at a parishoners house and saw his canaries and fish pond.  Nice to have a short visit.  

We had our anniversary, just a quiet day at home with lunch out and a "eat whatever you want" supper.

My mom sent me a note saying how much she likes reading my blog.  :) 

Some old friends got in touch with us that we'd been starting to wonder about.

It was just a lovely week together as family.   It felt like my little old heart smiled a lot this week.   It is so nice to have a week like that once in a while.  :)

No comments: