Friday, March 06, 2009

Last Nights Supper

After having a few meals with pasta in them, I thought a change was in order, besides...we got meat on sale today...which means we ate for about $2 each tonight. :)

This recipe made by me using formulazone.

Beef, potatoes, and applesauce

Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 150 minutes
Cook Temp: 300 degrees


AmtMsrIngredient



1 & 1/8 cup Applesauce, Unsweetened



9 & 1/8 oz Beef, loin, bottom sirloin butt, tri-tip roast



13 & 1/2 oz Potatoes, red













Preparation Instructions:
cook beef as desired, do the same for the potatoes. :)

I did a 300 oven, for 2.5 hours with a wee bit onion seasoning and dutch meat seasoning, and then boiled the potatoes.



Our meal was a nice size, simple and tasted good. Jim was pleased with how I prepared it as well.

AND we have enough meat left that if Jim wants this for supper tonight, we just have to cook up 2 more small/medium potatoes and it's all ready for him.

Jim is pleased...thus far he has lost 16 pounds by sticking to the diet. Me, well, I'm eating healthier and once I stop eating the remaining house junk food, should start losing weight as well. :)

No comments: