Thursday, February 16, 2006

I read this yesterday

I read this yesterday when I was doing my devotions from Matthew 27.
51And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many. 54When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe and said, "Truly this was the Son of God!"


I find it interesting how people will question the facts of Christ's death. They say it couldn't have happened, or that it wasn't important since Jesus was merely a good man, or that the bible is wrong or... whatever reasons they give. It makes me wonder why or how they could say this, especially when I read how the events surrounding his death caused eyewitnesses to be filled with awe and to know that Jesus was indeed the Son of God. If eyewitnesses believed it, and they were there to experience it all, then who are we to argue with historical fact and say oh.. it couldn't possibly be true? Seems a bit trite to me. Like we don't believe it so we'll just ignore anything that suggests it could be True. Jesus is indeed the son of God. He was also the Son of Man. God and Human in one. It is awe-inspiring to imagine it, even more so to believe it.

That's all my thoughts for this early morning. :)

No comments: