Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Well, well, well

So my hubbie was an absolute sweetheart today. Despite not feeling well, he took our son Justin with him to London while he ran some errands with his mom. He gifted me with four hours alone in our home. FOUR WHOLE HOURS COMPLETELY TO MYSELF! Did I use the time wisely??? Not sure, I cleaned out the guinea pigs, had a VERY long bath (yes, I know a huge water waster that was!), read a couple of books, did a load of laundry and walked the dogs. It was a nice afternoon. :) I had hoped to do some scrapbooking but I got hungry so I make myself a small meal instead.

So anyways, he gets back with the boy, he's all tired and achy feeling and looking, and when he's like that I can't do anything to make him feel better. Sometimes I feel so helpless to help him feel better! The best I can do is offer him support and prayer and let God heal him and rest him up.

My boy is growing and developing. I find it hard to figure him out, one day he'll happily sleep for me, and other days....it's like dragging nails across aboard to get him to rest. he gets himself rather overtired sometimes. Tonight I let him cry for a bit. He was acting so tired but wanting to see everything he was! All those AH! AH!!! sounds he makes. And reaching and being so determined to get what he wants. For instance tonight he discovered that if he pushes off of one side of the tub, and reaches up he can get his hands on top of the tub, then he can pull himself up to a standing position. Granted Mommy is right there to stablize him (lest he bonk his head), but WOW!!! He is standing and being a strong tall boy and he gets SO very excited. He gets mad though when there is water in the tub and he can't get the grip that he wants. He tries and tries and then AHH!!!! MOMMMY!!!! He cries and looks so plaintive.... then we call the bath quits and get ready for bed.

It amazes me sometimes that God brought this little fellow into our lives. Ps. 139 says that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. I see this little boy and I can't help but see the truth in that statement. :) God knows us right from the beginning. Sometimes I wonder what God's plan is for our son's life. I just pray that God will draw our son into relationship with him and that as he does so, that Jim and I are able to nurture that relationship. Time will tell.

Oh, Marlene from church stopped in this morning. I like her, she is a neat lady. Anyways, I was telling her this morning that even though it has taken me almost 6 months to come to this conclusion that I will do my best to raise this boy and not worry about what everyone else has to say about it. Justin is an odd boy in someways...as in his lack of sleeping! And his lack of being on a schedule. But he is our boy, and I can afford to be flexible with him since I don't have to head off to work. I can work my day around his needs. I think that this is a much healthier approach for me to take. :) And yes, at some point Justin will be told...No, you can't do that now, mommy has to do thus and such. But at this point in his life he doesn't quite understand that. :) So we work with where he is at and go from there.

Enough for today, time for this tired momma to head off to bed.

No comments: