Sunday, February 19, 2006

He's slowly learning

So this is day two of a new routine for Justin. He still wakes up twice at night, but now I don't nurse him until the second time he awakes up. I"m hoping that soon he'll learn that waking up at 130/200 a.m. gets him nothing but cuddles and that he can just sleep through. :) By the time 500 a.m. rolls around though he is VERY hungry. So I feed him then, and he goes back to bed until at least 700 a.m.

I have to admit...he's not always impressed with not getting up before 7. My long term goal though, is to back to my routine of walking the dogs at 6/630 before he gets up for the day, and having him be able to stay in bed would help a lot with that. So he will need to learn to fit into our family life a bit more, rather than have us run to his schedule. He's old enough now to learn some of these things now anyways. :)

Well, i'm off to walk the dogs, my little screamer seems to have fallen back to sleep! Go figure that one eh?

No comments: