Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Homosexuality and RCA

two good articles by Kevin DeYoung.  

Homosexuality and the RCA: A Call for Action, Consistency, and Faithfulness (Part 1)

Homosexuality and the RCA: A Call for Action, Consistency, and Faithfulness (Part 2)

Good articles to make you think.

Must say that I agree with him.

It's time to stop "dialoguing" and just make a decision  and let the fall out be what it is.

NOTE: I do not have a problem with homosexual persons.   But as a believer in the Lord I firmly hold to the model of what God is to the church, is what a husband is to his wife.   And two men or two women can't model this properly.   and yes, I know it can be argued that male/female marriages don't often mirror God's intent properly either...but at least they have a better chance at it.    It's the deliberateness of turning from scriptural truth and historical church truth that is at issue.   Not the love of the person who struggles (or chooses not to struggle).

 Third part in the series

 An Overture Regarding Homosexuality and the RCA

I have to admit, I read through the list of all the folks contravening synod policy and I'm wondering why they aren't being disciplined. 

part four  

Does the Heidelberg Catechism Have Anything to Say About Homosexuality?

understanding the history and times of documents being written in valuable.

No comments: