Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Library Books to Return - November 17

Yes, this is an identical post to the one at my homeschool blog, but I like sharing the books the lad and I read together and this way I can make sure that all my readers can see them. :)

Fox walked alone


what an excellent book. The lad enjoyed this one so much he almost has it completely memorized. it's a noah's ark story.

Scaredy Squirrel

This book was just a fun read about a very silly squirrel. Generated questions of "why does he wash his hands?" "why is he scared so that?"

There's a cow under my bed!

Another silly book that had the boy looking serious and sucking his thumb. Not a lot of comments made, but lots of intense listening.

A Pioneer Thanksgiving.

I got this book out for the craft and game ideas, never did get around to it as it's been a busy three weeks, complete with a cold. Some good stuff in it though, also read one story to the lad which kept him curious and interested.

Wake Up Henry Rooster!

Another just fun read. An easy to read story about a fun loving rooster, inspired lots of crowing by the lad at night when we read it.

Miko, It was me, Mom!

a good read, entertaining. Inspired questions. Talked about burglars, and why some things are bad and other things are right.

Nobody's Nosier than a cat

We have had this book out so many times. A favourite of my cat-loving lad. it's a fun read, you get to watch a cat chase a mouse throughout the book. The lad has it 90% memorized and KNOWS when I miss a page.

A dog for a friend

Requested twice to read by the lad, this book is a quieter book with a surprise in it. Caused a "huh?" from the lad. It's a longer read so not one I chose as a bed time story, more of a day time story book which is when I chose to read it.

Clara and the bossy

The lad surprised me with this one, he chose it several times to read as a night time story. it's a good read about friendships and being yourself.

Camels Always Do.

This is a true stories about camels in Canada. I found it quite interesting, the lad less so. "I don't like camels Mommy" he told me with all seriousness.

Spark the firefighter

Would YOU think of a dragon being a firefighter? I wouldn't. Read the book to find out why. :)

Two Dogs Swimming

This is a make me smile book. Caused the lad to pose questions as well. It's a decent read about two best friend dogs with one small problem.

No comments: