Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Love insists not on its own way

From 1 Corinthians 13 we read: 4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;6it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8Love never ends.

Love does not insist on its own way.

This is something that we are working on as a family. Learning that love is not selfish.
Love doesn't yell when it doesn't get its own way.
Love doesn't say "I want what I want regardless of what you think about it".
Love doesn't say "I can interrupt you even if you are talking".
Love listens.
Love finds a way to communicate clearly.
Love cares enough to help the wounded.
Love cares enough to do the dishes, wash the floor, mow the lawn without arguing or complaining about it.
Love cares enough to teach one's child at home, this despite the insecurities it brings.
Love cares enough to do laundry at 1000 p.m. at night even if one is tired.
Love cares enough to be the main bread winner in a household.
Love holds, hugs, dies to self, wipes tears, cuddles close, disciplines, and so much more.

Love DEMANDS something of us. If it didn't, would it truly be love?

Love is so much more than we do on a regular basis and needs to be more.

God sent his son to DIE for ME. Me.. a sinner, separated from his holiness. And yet he chose to do this for me.
Jesus willingly died for me. It was NOT an easy decision, not an easy thing for him to do, and yet, he chose to take my place on that cross because I as a sinner, am guilty of all the wrong things that happen. And yet, he DIED for me.

Can I not, extend a bit more of myself for those around me? Is that too much to ask?

Previous in this series
These words keep running through my head..
Love is patient.
Love is kind.
Love does not envy.
Love does not boast.
Love is not arrogant.
Love is not rude.

No comments: