Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cheesy Potato Sausage

1 smoked sausage ring
1 can cheddar cheese soup
3 pounds potatoes cubed
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons oil

Heat oil in a frying pan, add potatoes. Meanwhile, slice sausage lengthwise, and then into 1/4 in wedges. Combine soup and milk. Add sausage and soup mixture during last 5 min of the cooking time of potatoes. Enjoy! This is loved by the pickiest eaters in our family!!!

What I did.

1. cooked the potatoes after cubing them

2. put a little oil in the big fry pan that I cooked the tater's in, and fried those up a bit with the chopped up sausage.

3. dumped in the soup and milk and mixed it thoroughly. brought it to a boil so it was all nicely liquid. THEN I let it simmer with the lid on while my corn on the cob cooked.

4. when the corn was almost done I removed the lid and let it cook at a medium heat simmer/rolling boil for a bit. That removed excess moisture so it was a bit dryer.

It makes a LARGE amount. I'll be eating this for the next 3 days I think.

For those wondering where this recipe came from, it came from the Old Schoolhouse (this is a homeschool magazine that I subscribe too), teachers toolbox section where there is is a menu for the month. Some things I won't do... like catfish sandwiches which have a lot of jalepeno in them...but this seemed to meet my requirements of simple and not too spicy, though I could easily see people throwing in some chili peppers and what not. i almost threw in some tomatoes and might do that with one or two meals as I heat up the remainders.

No comments: