Monday, November 12, 2007

He is perfect

I find these verses comforting:
26For it was indeed fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens. 27He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself. 28For the law appoints men in their weakness as high priests, but the word of the oath, which came later than the law, appoints a Son who has been made perfect forever.
They come from Hebrews 7 where Paul is teaching about Christ being of the order of Melchizadek (in the area of being a priest)

Why do I find them comforting?
In this day and age of "I can do it" or "I'll do it my way" or "we can do it as long as we are a good team" and having all those me-centered ways being so prone to failure, it's a comfort to know that Christ is SO much bigger than I am.

Christ was appointed by God to be perfect. He is the perfect sacrifice. Despite my sin, and my proneness to failure, he makes it all alright. It's all him. It's not me, I don't have to depend upon myself. I don't have to depend upon my hubbie. I don't have to depend upon anything human...it's ALL God!

That is just WAY better than anything, just way better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post has been included in the November 15, 2007 edition of the Carnival of Christian Women

I am so thankful that Christ is perfect and that we do not have to do it ourselves.