Thursday, July 05, 2007

Things to know - 8 points I suppose

So Dana , at principled discovery tagged me with this meme.

The rules are simple…Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

I have to admit, I did like how Dana did her. Made me smile. :)

Anyways, 8 facts about me.

1. Jesus, God, the Holy Spirit. Part of my life, today, tomorrow and forever. My relationship with God gives meaning to substance to my life. I'm not the world's best example of a Christian, I fail frequently despite my best endeavors, which reminds me daily that God is the one who makes all things possible.

2. I LIKE critters... almost all critters of all shapes and sizes and models. That doesn't mean I like all types of critters in my house. I.e. NO SPIDERS in my house. Nope, not even one. Gives me the heebie-jeebies. I will not voluntarily raise reptiles, snakes, spiders, or any of those creepy crawlies. Yes, I can admire them, just don't want them in my house. Then again, I also love mice, rats, ferrets, rabbits and such like. Don't particularly want them in my house either. THEY STINK! Well..okay, they probably wouldn't stink to badly if I cleaned out and washed their cages daily, but I'm not that dedicated. So I'll raise mice and rabbits outside in the summer, but that's about it. Guinea pigs on the other hand, and fish... those I"ll do in the house. And I have a cat and 2 dogs. Life is good. :)

3. books books and more books. would life be complete without books? nope, not! I need my books. I'm thrilled that at this point in his life my boyo likes books too! :)

4. my boyo has his second birthday this Friday (hey, that's tomorrow). I'm making him a cake, his gramma will ice it. My larger family is coming too. Should be fun.

5. grew up on a farm. Given my druthers I'd be on a farm again. I'd have a small mixed farm. I'd raise rabbits and chickens. I'd have barn cats and one house cat. I'd do pet care. I'd have a big garden and sell the excess. Ah... would be good, but God hasn't called me to that lifestyle at this point in my life.

6. Oh.. can't forget gardening. Just love gardening. Seeing things grow and change right before my eyes. It's fun, it's physical and yes...it's dirty too. And yes... I don't mind dirt. :)

7. ARGH... I need two more random things? ARGH... can't do it. Granted, doesn't help that just before doing this I read Dana's entry and the 8 points being important in Buddhism just kinda sets me off wanting to do 8 points so... um... anyways, moving on.

8. not sure if I know anyone who would want to do this. Who could I tag? Granted, anyone I did tag wouldn't have to feel obligated to do it........ okay.... you know what? You want to play, play along, if you don't that's okay too. Just let me know if you did and I can link to you from here. sound fair? :)

2 comments:

Hanley Family said...

Nice list! Thank you for playing along. Now I'm glad I tagged you because you sound a bit like me. Except I'm not much of a gardener and didn't grow up on a farm.

When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I'd answer, "I want to be a farmer's wife." So does that count?

Annette said...

yes! it counts... (well kinda) :)