Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sunday Hymn - Only a Sinner

Only a Sinner

Naught have I gotten but what I received;
Grace hath bestowed it and I have believed;
Boasting excluded, pride I abase;
I'm only a sinner saved by grace!

Only a sinner saved by grace!
Only a sinner saved by grace!
This is my story, to God be the glory,
I'm only a sinner saved by grace!

Once I was foolish, and sinned ruled my heart,
Causing my footsteps from God to depart;
Jesus hath found me, happy my case;
I now am a sinner saved by grace!

Tears unavailing, no merit had I;
Mercy had saved me, or else I must die;
Sin had alarmed me, fearing God's face;
But now I'm a sinner saved by grace!

Suffer a sinner whose heart overflows,
Loving his Saviour to tell what he knows;
Once more to tell it would I embrace—
I now am a sinner saved by grace!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I AM A SINNER, WHO SPENT ALL HIS CHILDHOOD IN ORPHANAGES. I DESERVE TO GO TO HELL, BUT JESUS, THROUGH HIS SACRIFICE ON THE CROSS - DELIVERED ME FROM MY INEQUITIES - I'M BLESSED!

robert said...

Thanks for posting James Gray's gospel song. It emphasizes one aspect of the truth: that we can't take the credit for our salvation. We are saved by grace (God's unmerited favour.)

However, we need to keep that in balance with a recognition of the high standing God has given to each Christian. We are children of God, and joint heirs with Christ (by His grace). We are citizens of the heavenly kingdom, serving here as ambassadors of the King. And much more.