Thursday, October 12, 2006

Nations will come

This morning I was reading in Micah 4-5.

This passage I found most interesting today.
1It shall come to pass in the latter days
that the mountain of the house of the LORD
shall be established as the highest of the mountains,
and it shall be lifted up above the hills;
and peoples shall flow to it,
2and many nations shall come, and say:
"Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD,
to the house of the God of Jacob,
that he may teach us his ways
and that we may walk in his paths."
For out of Zion shall go forth the law,
and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
3He shall judge between many peoples,
and shall decide for strong nations afar off;
and they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruning hooks;
nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war anymore;
4but they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree,
and no one shall make them afraid,
for the mouth of the LORD of hosts has spoken.
5For all the peoples walk
each in the name of its god,
but we will walk in the name of the LORD our God
forever and ever.
I am just trying to imagine it. This verse.... "and many nations shall come, and say: "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths."

People streaming to God's place. People wanting to know God, to be taught by God so that they can walk and talk and live and everything, the way that God wants them to.

I find it hard to imagine in this day of anti-true God sentiment. I'd say anit-christian sentiment, but some of the things that people do, saying that they are Christian...just make me want to cringe...and I'm a Christian! :) But the point is that I find it hard to imagine people from every nation coming to be taught of God. Coming to get to know God better. People wanting to know how to live the way that God wants them to. Can you imagine it?

It will be a time of peace, of knowing God, of lack of fear. It will be really really neat, but I find it so hard to imagine. But even in my lack of imagination I find that I do have hope. I see the last line of this section, and I read the rest of the reading this morning, and I see God at work. I see his promises to his people and I do like the steadfastness of the last line of this section ... "For all the peoples walk each in the name of its god, but we will walk in the name of the LORD our God forever and ever"

People right now, walk however they want. Believe in whatever they want. But irregardless, those who believe in the true God...will walk in HIS name (our Lord and God) forever and ever. Isn't that steadfast and sure? Isn't that something that I can cling to? That you can cling to? Pretty neat huh? :)

No comments: