Monday, October 23, 2006

How do you like YOUR mashed potatoes?

Rebecca over at Rebecca Writes
is hosting Potato Fest 2006.

I love potatoes, I have to admit. I think they are a most versatile veggie. I like them mashed, boiled, scalloped, in stews, in soups, baked, broiled and fried. I am not a huge fan of most french fries though, nor do I like hashbrowns and corned beef.

My hubbie likes mashed potatoes the very most. He likes them made with a tad bit of mustard. He likes them to be very smooth. He also likes salt and pepper added. He likes corned beef and hash browns, and french fries are good too (particularly if seasoned).

I like my mashed potatoes with sour cream and parmesan cheese. OR a bit milk with an egg thrown in. No seasonings. I also like mine lumpy. :)

So depending on the dinner and who is cooking, our potatoes very quite a bit. Shows what type of potatoes our parents did as well.

How do you like your potatoes mashed?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love potatoes, too!

Scalloped, baked, fried, and yes mashed. When I mash potatoes, I boil them well, then drain the water. I put them back on the burner for a bit to get the excess water out of them. Then I use my electric mixer for a bit, then add butter and milk. I like them them with lots of butter!

Annette said...

cool...so if you are ever in my town... I'll serve some potatoes. :)