Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Head's up for a new Blog

There is a new blog being started.

It is called "The Pastor's family". Being part of a pastor's family I am looking forward to seeing what this blog is going to be all about.

In one of the first posts we read:
Here’s a link with an excerpt to get us started.

Pastors and their families live under incredible pressures. Their lives are played out in a fishbowl, with the entire congregation and community watching their every move. They are expected to have ideal families, to be perfect people, to always be available, to never be down and to have all the answers we need to keep our own lives stable and moving forward. Those are unrealistic expectations to place on anyone, yet most of us are disappointed when a pastor becomes overwhelmed, seems depressed, lets us down or completely burns out.

I know that I have experienced almost all of these things as a pastor’s wife at one time or another. Some days, some times, some seasons are better than others.

Any thoughts? Let’s encourage each other to remain faithful to the God who has called us!
Sounds like something I wouldn't mind knowing more about and being part of.
What do you think?

1 comment:

Rileysowner said...

As a pastor, I realized early on that I cannot satisfy the unrealistic expectations of my congregation. When I am tired or down or stressed, and they ask that polite, "How are you today?" or some variation of that, I have started to answer based on how I actually am doing that day even if that bothers them. Sadly, I am not as consistent as I should be in giving a straighforward answer, but I am working on it.