This post I thought timely.
Divisions of Parent-Child Responsibilities When it Comes to Eating:
As the parent, you decide:
- Respect the child's ability to know when he is hungry and full.
- Make sure to serve small, child-sized portions
- Prepare and serve healthy meals and snacks
- Set regular meal and snack times
The child decides:
- What food will be given (making sure it is nutritious)
- When it will be given (making sure it is provided every few hours)
- Mealtime rules and where food will be given
- What, out of what is given, he or she will eat
- How much, out of what is given, he or she will eat