Monday, May 29, 2006

Monday morning

Oh, I know...such an original post heading. But...it's Monday morning, I'm tired, yesterday felt like a write-off even though it shouldn't have. It didn't help that the church service we went to felt like a huge waste of time. See, my hubby had the day off because of the conference he went to. So we went to a church in London where we thought we'd here a decent sermon. Well..... we didn't. Granted, I was somewhat busy caring for our boy as they seemed to have no babysit (Our boy usually goes to the babysit during the sermon part so that he can rest and I can listen), but what I did hear of the sermon was....stories of how change is possible. No meat, just stories. Though I will admit that it was nice to sing praise and worship songs again since our church only does hymns. I did miss that the songs seemed to have nothing to do with the service. They were just there to be sung. I felt disappointed. My hubbie was angry. Just a waste of time. Later in the day we went to a hymn sing at one of the local churches. I enjoyed it! So did my hubbie! Our boyo made us laugh though. We sat in the very back so he could crawl around since he was VERY tired. At one point he crawled up the last pews, put his head down and looked at all the feet, then sat up with such a happy, excited look on his face. He made us laugh and sorta worry that he'd crawl underneath to get to all those feet. But he didn't. He came back all excited. Funny boy. He ended up going to bed a bit early.

Anyways, enough of Sunday. Today is a brand new day. My hubbie has a meeting later so instead of it being our normal day off it's a work day. I'll be doing laundry, weeding, mowing the lawn and caring for the boy, and hubbie dear will be doing his work things as well. Not sure what day we'll have off this week as I've a dog to care for tomorrow. But we'll work it out.

I don't know if I've told you before that I have daily bible readings sent to me each week from these folks. Right now we are going through the Psalms and Book of John.

Today I needed to read from Psalm 27-29 and John 11:1-29. I don't know if you all know that I struggle often with KNOWING that I am TRULY saved. I'm always somehow fearful that I'm not, or that I'm not sincere enough, or that I've done things wrong or... (fill in the blank). I see myself so clearly sometimes how I like to depend upon myself, how I have a quick temper, how I am such an evil being sometimes... it all just makes me wonder. And then I have to talk to God and say sorry, yes, I know, I'm still wondering if I've messed this up too. Forgive me. Grant me peace in knowing that YOU my Lord and God KNOW me. What can I say... at times I fear this will always be part of my walk in faith.

Anyways, I read these passages today and it was like God speaking to my heart. A person needs that once in a while eh. :)

From Psalm 27 hear these words of the Lord:
7Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud;
be gracious to me and answer me!
8You have said, "Seek my face."
My heart says to you,
"Your face, LORD, do I seek."
9Hide not your face from me.
Turn not your servant away in anger,
O you who have been my help.
Cast me not off; forsake me not,
O God of my salvation!
10For my father and my mother have forsaken me,
but the LORD will take me in.


GOD WILL TAKE ME IN. God will keep me. God will hear my words. God KNOWS ME. He really does. :) Makes my little tired heart smile this morning.

And then in Psalm 28 I hear these words of the Lord
6Blessed be the LORD!
for he has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy.
7The LORD is my strength and my shield;
in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
my heart exults,
and with my song I give thanks to him.
8The LORD is the strength of his people;
he is the saving refuge of his anointed.
9Oh, save your people and bless your heritage!
Be their shepherd and carry them forever.


God saves me. He hears my cries for mercy. I can give him thanks. I can sing songs to him. He is my strength. I am not alone because God is the strength of his people (that's a plural). God is my shepherd and will care for forever.

Then readind Psalm 29 and seeing this Psalm of Praise. Have you read it lately? It is so neat. Read these words of the Lord our God.

1Ascribe to the LORD, O heavenly beings,
ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
2Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name;
worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness.

3The voice of the LORD is over the waters;
the God of glory thunders,
the LORD, over many waters.
4The voice of the LORD is powerful;
the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.

5The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars;
the LORD breaks the cedars of Lebanon.
6He makes Lebanon to skip like a calf,
and Sirion like a young wild ox.

7The voice of the LORD flashes forth flames of fire.
8The voice of the LORD shakes the wilderness;
the LORD shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.

9The voice of the LORD makes the deer give birth
and strips the forests bare,
and in his temple all cry, "Glory!"

10The LORD sits enthroned over the flood;
the LORD sits enthroned as king forever.
11May the LORD give strength to his people!
May the LORD bless his people with peace!


Can't you just see it? How the power of the Lord affects the world around us? Birth, life, death, everything. It's awe inspiring. He has all this power and gives us (his people) strength and peace. All of creation cries GLORY! It just fills my heart with ... what I needed this morning.

Isn't God good?

He caused me (through my hubby) to subscribe to a simple bible reading plan and then he touches my heart through his word. I will praise his name.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annette, you commented on my blog recently.

Were you in London, England? Or London somewhere else?

Annette said...

Not London, England. London, Ontario Canada. :) London, England would be lovely though...