Friday, September 23, 2011

baking soda and vinegar?

My cousin over at Jazzy Mamma mentioned cleaning her hair with baking soda and vinegar.

Quotes:
The very first time that I used baking soda (about a tablespoon dissolved in 8oz of water) I was totally amazed at how soft and shiny my hair was. And I was able to comb it while wet without any tugging on tangles! I was really impressed.
and
Specifically, apple cider vinegar. Two tablespoons in 8oz of water.

I used it 3 days in a row and now my hair is shiny and clean. And my scalp feels refreshed the way cucumbers make your tired eyes feel refreshed. Awesome.
Go to her post to read the fill between the lines... but inspires me to give it a shot. :) Got to be better than having an itchy scalp occasionally and needing to switch shampoos because my scalp says "nuts to this". Though what I'm using currently works...but I'm starting to occasionally get an itchy scalp again.

2 comments:

Patti @ Jazzy Mama said...

Wow, you are ALL OVER the Internet!

Yes, the baking soda and vinegar is completely effective in place of shampoo. It is also cheap and environmentally friendly!

Let me know if you give it a try. Don't forget that it will take time for your scalp to adjust. Give yourself at least a month to figure out the 'recipe' that works for you.

Annette said...

I am?

I used to read all sorts of blogs. I'm more picky now as I don't have that much time on my hands anymore.

I have a lad...how would I fit it all in?