Sunday, December 06, 2009

Recipe - Fried Rabbit

So I went to Showbunny rabbit recipe site. I've made some rabbit dishes but not very many and I wanted to try something new. I chose this recipe.

GOLDEN BROWN FRIED RABBIT

2 to 3 lb. fryer rabbit
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
butter/oil

Shake moist pieces of rabbit in plastic bag in flour and seasonings mix. Brown rabbit in butter/oil in heavy skillet, turning to brown evenly on all sides. Reduce heat, cover and cook slowly about 1 hour or until tender. For crisp crust on rabbit uncover for last 10 to 15 minutes of cooking time. Serves 4 to 6.

I'm adding mashed potatoes and mixed peas to the meal.

How to Make Mashed Potatoes:

6 medium potatoes
large pot of salted water
1/4 to 1/3 cup hot milk
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or amount to suit your taste
pepper to suit your taste

Peel potatoes and cut into chunks about 2 inches in size. Place in large pot of salted water (at least 1 teaspoon of salt in the water) and boil 15 minutes or until potatoes break easily when pierced with a fork.

Drain potatoes well but leave them in the pot.

Add hot milk, beginning with the smaller amount. Add butter. Mash with potato masher and add more milk, butter, salt and pepper if necessary to suit your taste.

Hope it goes over well.
I"m not real certain about my ability to fry rabbit, I've not had much success doing fried chicken, but hey... I have my own home grown fryer and I wanted to try fried fryer! :)

No comments: