Contributed by KarenB using formulazone
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Cook Temp: 375 degrees
|1 & 1/4||cup||Cheddar Cheese Soup, condensed|
|1/2||cup||Cheese, cheddar, 2%, shredded|
|1/2||cup||Mushrooms, Stems & Pieces, Canned|
|2/3||cup||Peas, green, frozen|
|3||6oz can||Tuna, in Water, canned|
TOTAL CALORIES: 2,538
Cook noodles. Drain and set aside. Chop onion. Combine soup, mushrooms, onion, mustard, peas, salt, and sour cream in a bowl. Gently stir in noodles and drained tuna. Pour into 2 quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top, and bake for remaining 15 minutes.
- 1.25 cups condensed cheese soup = 1 can of campbell's soup
- 1/2 c. mushrooms = 1 can of sliced mushrooms (actually a wee bit more but not enough to matter)
- we mix the cheese right into the recipe instead of scattering on top
- also if you forget to put in the pepper as I often do....sprinkling pepper over the top of the casserole works well too. :)
- 18 oz of tuna is what this recipe calls for... there are 4.2 oz of tuna in one regular can of tuna so it takes 4 cans of tuna to actually make this recipe.