Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Update on Family and Rewards of Faithfulness

I'm back! :)

Ah okay, I have time this morning to do my devotions. I've missed sitting here. Anyways, first an update for you all.

We've had a busy week with Jim gone. Monday we worked on the rose garden, moving the last rose that Jim wanted in the rose garden over. While I dug and moved plant and dirt Justin played in the leftover soil. THEN he stepped on a nail. Unhappy boy. VERY unhappy. Bad owie in his foot. Called the doc, his tetanus is up-to-date just watch for infection. Soak in salt water as often as you can. That kinda halted the rest of the days plans. He can't walk, he feels very badly for himself,so after he had a nap (we both napped for a while in the big chair) we went to the store to get supper. Hotdogs (Justin's choice) .. I just wanted this sad, sore little boy to eat and he wanted hotdogs so we got some. Ate like a little piggie he did. :)

Must say though, by the end of the day he figured out that he could get around by turning the garbage pail upside down and using that to support himself. I told him he was a big and smart boy to figure that one out. :) We also partially got the kitchen and living room cleaned.

Tuesday (yes, that was yesterday right?). Ah did we get alot done. Laundry, the lawn mowed front AND back! (took a while as the lawn mower is scary and J wanted me to hold him frequently) Rabbits moved around, the garage partially cleaned, finished the living room (only to have a crawler totally mess it up again!!!!) Why oh Why do they feel that compulsion??? We even had a lovely, lovely walk at the dam with Sassy. Justin wanted to call Gramma where he proceeded to tell her all about his owie foot and all he did that day.

Today is Wednesday, I hope to build a rabbit cage, and possibly move some firewood so I can have all the rabbits in one spot along the house --- I'll shove the bunnies under the hedge. :) Wouldn't that be nice???? What else? I have no clue...Oh...I want to get my sorting cupboards sliding door thingeys all sorted out. No... I can't think of the official names for them.

Chatted a bit with Jim, he's having a good time. Listened to some good speakers too.

Anyways, on to more important things now.

Last time we met for devotions we talked a bit about these verses in 2 Timothy 2 :
8Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel, 9 for which I am suffering, bound with chains as a criminal. But the word of God is not bound! 10Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11The saying is trustworthy, for:

If we have died with him, we will also live with him; 12 if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us; 13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful—

for he cannot deny himself.

And like I do, I've continued thinking on them a bit. Especially those words in verse 11-13:
If we have died with him, we will also live with him; 12 if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us; 13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful—

for he cannot deny himself.

If we endure, look at the result.

  • die with him = live with him
  • endurance = reigning with him
  • deny him = be denied
  • be faithless = he remains faithful for he cannot deny himself
Interesting isn't it?
Our behaviour makes a difference in what happens.
We shouldn't be surprised that if we deny Christ that when it really matters he will in turn deny us. We should be alert though.... even if we are faithless, he remains faithful. Faith is IN Christ. See that? Even if we are faithless he remains faithful because he can't deny himself. So that implies that faith is in him. Not in the things of this world, or made up gods, faith is in him. He is that constant in our lives. Be faithful in Christ, reap the rewards of enduring and dying with him. Don't deny him or you'll ended up being denied. Not something I want, or I'm sure you either. Let's just be faithful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My 5 year old has a verruca, there has been more than a little drama!

Kids are so funny!