Thursday, July 12, 2007

They are Filled with Praise!

Have you ever noticed how much the Psalms are filled with Praise to our Lord and God?

yes, I've noticed that before, but this morning as I was reading Psalm 148 it really struck me. The Psalmist just loved to praise the Lord. it wasn't always David who wrote these Psalms, and yes, he did write the majority of them --- actually makes me want to meet him. But throughout the Psalms you just find this praise for God.

Makes me wonder --- Just how much do I take the time to just praise God?
Not often enough. I take too much for granted, or I get distracted. I must say, I am getting better as the years go by at saying YEAH God! Wow...that was neat (or whatever adjective seems right). But I could do an even better job of it. Something to think on (and do).

1Praise the LORD!
Praise the LORD from the heavens;
praise him in the heights!
2Praise him, all his angels;
praise him, all his hosts!

3Praise him, sun and moon,
praise him, all you shining stars!
4Praise him, you highest heavens,
and you waters above the heavens!

5Let them praise the name of the LORD!
For he commanded and they were created.
6And he established them forever and ever;
he gave a decree, and it shall not pass away.

7Praise the LORD from the earth,
you great sea creatures and all deeps,
8fire and hail, snow and mist,
stormy wind fulfilling his word!

9Mountains and all hills,
fruit trees and all cedars!
10Beasts and all livestock,
creeping things and flying birds!

11Kings of the earth and all peoples,
princes and all rulers of the earth!
12Young men and maidens together,
old men and children!

13Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for his name alone is exalted;
his majesty is above earth and heaven.
14He has raised up a horn for his people,
praise for all his saints,
for the people of Israel who are near to him.
Praise the LORD!

No comments: