Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Works for me Wednesday - seed keeper


I was out with my hubbie the other day at a gardening shop.
I was browsing through their catalogue and noticed they sell a product called a seed keeper.

I thought..wow...interesting idea! But whoa...too much money for me.
But as I was looking at it I thought...hmmm.... A good old photoalbum should work just as well.

Get one of those albums that have the picture pockets, put the seed packs in them. Saves keeping seeds in an old clementine container. Keeps everything nice neat and tidy. AND I'll be able to store by group too. Like all the lettuce goes on one page, peas on another and so forth. And should be able to do this for less than $10. Pretty neat huh?

I like it!
I will do this!
Should work for me!

4 comments:

Dru said...

Seems like a cd disk binder would work well for this too. Great idea!

Daniel said...

I don't plant enough to keep seeds, but if I did, the photoalbum sounds like an ideal solution.

Lisa said...

My husband is the gardener here, but I really like this idea so I am going to pass it along to him. :o) I have an albim here already that would be perfect.

Annette said...

Well, I did it. I got a photo-album. Learned an important thing.. peas and beans and corn don't work so good in them. MIGHT if I got a big photo-ablum but I used a small one that I got for ten cents.

So at some point I will find a large photo-album with bigger pockets and that should work perfectly,but for now, this will do. :)