Thursday, March 08, 2007

These past two days...

So, these past two days have been a whirl wind of activity! :)

I went up to visit my mom and dad this week. Got there Wednesday around 100 ish, stayed until Thursday 1000 a.m., got to the market, got my meat. Had lunch and a nice visit with a good friend. Then left to see another friend for a nice but short visit. Then off to get some free meat from a lady I met through the Freecycle group. Nice lady, nice dog. :)

By the by... If you want to not fill landfills with your junk (stuff you don't want that is not in complete disrepair) this is the group for you. People will take your non-working tv's off your hands, as well as things such as old books, boots, clothes, children's toys, vases, cups, baby stuff, dressers, etc. You name it, probably someone wants it. :) AND you can ask for things to if there is something you just need. I've seen a fellow ask for a c-pap machine and get it. Others ask for lumber ends, old nylons, all types of baby stuff and well...just stuff. Rather neat.

There are freecycle groups all over Canada and the USA, possibly even in other countries...but that I don't know. if you want to see if there is a freecycle group near you, go here to find out.

My brother-in-law. Talked with my sister on Tuesday evening. He's tired, he's still not well, but he's somewhat better! Yeah God! Still sleeping a lot. She's worried, but doing a bit better since he's doing a bit better. Still a hard time.

Talked with my friend who lost her son (he was 22, died of brain cancer). She and her hubbie are doing okay, life is tough, they have good friends to count on, but they will be okay....just hard, really hard for them.

Continued prayers for them and my bro-in-law remain coveted (in a good way). :) thanks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My friend Ruth at Mom's Musings LOVES freecycle and is always talking about it.

I found you through the Party.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your brother in law is doing better!

Glad you had a nice visit, too!

jen said...

I'm so glad your brother in law is better also!

And I'm a member of our local freecycle too, though I've never done anything with it yet.