Thursday, December 14, 2006

Life for my hubbie today

Okay.... let's just say that life has not gone so well for my hubbie today.

He's tired from this cold. He has a cough that just won't go away.
He's NOT hungry (always a signal that something isn't right).

He's happy eating cookies, but they are not REAL food. Really likes the strudel that his wife tried for the first time today. (yeah...it turned out!)

He finally decides what he wants to eat. Is happy with his decision. Cheerfully places shepherds pie in the oven and walks away, content in knowing that his supper will be ready in one hour.

Comes back in one hour to a ruined supper. Seems our boy turned the oven on to broil. NOT what it was supposed to be on... 400F. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ruined supper. Unhappy man. Hungry man! Wanting to eat.

Wife decides...I'll be nice...I'll go get him another. See if I can't make his unhappy heart smile just a little.
Happy man...except wife brings home two different shepherds pie...decision to make. Goes with the tried and true. Happy man.

Man happy enough now to connect wife with this site which posts this wee article
So that's what I've been suffering from all these years: Irritable Clergy Syndrome! I wonder if that diagnosis may prove useful with all the people who have to put up with me on a daily basis. "I'm sorry, honey -- it's just that my Irritable Clergy Syndrome seems to be acting up again today. . . "
Man laughs, wife laughs. All is well. :)

No comments: