Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Works for me Wednesday - Christmas




This is a Christmas thing. :)

Having for years seen people struggle with their Christmas decorations I decided as soon as I could afford it, to purchase bins for all my Christmas decorations.

I labelled them - tree, house, village and lights. Everything goes in the bin it is meant for. It means that it is SO easy to take out the box I need so I don't have to sort through everything trying to find...say... my Santa hat or stockings, I just now go to the house box and there they are.

Also when I put my lights away, I don't just throw them in the box all jumbled. I neatly wrap them in their own wire and put them in stacks in the box. So much easier and MUCH less frustrating for the next year.

Works for me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great plan! I do a similar thing with storage, but I am going to implement your plan with labels right after Christmas. I have three Halloween totes that I put costumes, decorations and pumpkins in. I am going to have to go back and repack and label those. Thanks for the great tip!

http://just-a-mom-thats-more-than-enough.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

A very good idea! I bought clear storage boxes last year and can see at a glance now what I need!

My Boyfriend is the same with the lights. God bless his patience! It is lovely though, to not have to spend half an hour untangling the year after!

Great tips! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You're right! Taking the time to organize and put away Christmas decorations neatly helps to avoid so much frustration!!

Thanks for your tips!

Tracy

Lady Why said...

Oh, I just love Christmas organization tips!! It could be because that's the area where I need the most work! But, I find it so wonderful to pull out the decorations year to year and find them well stored, easy to find, and easy to put up! It's a great feeling! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I need to label the boxes! Of course! Now why didn't I think of that? Especially since I store them way up high!

Rae said...

Great tip. My mom does this too. I however have hardly any Christmas decorations so far..but I definitely will be doing this after this year! =)